Wednesday, June 20, 2007

my favourite movie

Macarena Valencia
June 20th
My favourite movie

This was the funniest movie that I have ever seen. I saw it about ten or twelve years ago and I don’t know why I love it so much. When people ask me which is my favourite movie I say “Un príncipe suelto en Nueva York,” in which the principal character is Akkem (Eddie Murphy.) This movie is about a prince that lives in Zamunda and he has to get married to a woman who has been raised to serve him. On the day when she is introduced to the people and the prince, he talked with his father, the king, and told him that he wants to go abroad for fun and find a woman who really likes him. His father gave him permission to go abroad for a month and he decided to go to New York, with a friend who was a king’s servant. They arrive in New York, and in the taxi ask the driver for the poorest part of the city so they were taken to Queens. There they settle, renting the most poor and ugly apartment of the building. Then some Queen’s habitants steal all their things and they go outside to see the city. They get jobs in a fast food company, similar to Mc´Donalds but this one was Mc´Dowels. They started to work there and everything begins. In the city, he meets the woman he was searching for but he never told her that he was a prince so she thinks that he is poor and as the days pass they start a relationship. The prince’s father flies to New York to look for him and he has to hide from him because he doesn’t his girlfriend to learn that he is a prince. Finally, she learns the truth and ends their relationship, he tries to explain to her what happened, but she never listens to him. Finally he goes back to his city in Zamunda, and he has to get married. On their wedding day, he thought that the bride would be the woman who had been raised to obey him, but when he took off the veil he realized that this woman was the girl that she had met in New York.
I love this movie, nobody knows why I like so much, and my friends said “it’s a really bad movie” but I like it a lot, I see it whenever I can, and I have it recorded.

No comments: