Friday, September 14, 2007

DISTURBING NOISES


When I say that weekends are meant for resting and sleeping it is because I think that I deserve it, due to my job as a singer. If I want to spend my weekend doing nothing, there is nothing more perturbing than hearing disturbing noises in my resting place, especially if these come from noisy neighbors, nasty vehicles or my charming family.

My neighbors are one in a million. Throughout entire weekends they have noisy parties that last long periods of time. I do not complain about the parties; my complaint is about the loud noises that they produce, because they sing all night long, shout and make lots of noise, not only during the night, but also during the rest of the day.

With respect to the vehicles, and I refer to racing cars, they do not respect the peace of our lives due to the continuous and annoying noises of motors on the street, without mentioning their horns or loud music speakers. Unfortunately, authorities don’t have any plan to control this situation and of course, the problem still persists.


On the other hand is my “glorious” family. Personally I have a noisy family, and this situation makes me crazy, because their annoying noises don´t allow me to rest in an appropriate way due to my job, especially on Sundays. Their routine begins early in the morning, cleaning and singing -things like mothers and wives do- and I do not complain about that; the problem is that I just want to rest a couple of hours more, but the noise is so disturbing that I have to wake up and join the rest.


Well, this is my life, and considering these factors, I think weekends are made not only to rest, but to lie down wherever you want, even though most of the mentioned factors don´t allow you to. Most of these factors, like nasty neighbors, noisy cars and your own family will continue making their own loud and disturbing noise.



Carlos TarifeƱo Rojas

No comments: